Aaron Russell Wong
Aaron Russell Wong

Wisdom Teeth Day 2/3

Aug 22nd, 2014


There's definitely been some improvement over the past few days.  I've been watching 2 movies a day, I set up the new website, and I'm slowly going back to eating normal food.


Food first, on day 2 I believe I was still just having tapioca pudding, because that's all I could have.  I tried yogurt, but the one I bought was the greek kind, so it's thicker and stickier and isn't as easy to lick off the spoon, you have to like use the roof of your mouth, which hurt at the time.  I managed to put that yogurt in a fruit smoothie though, just for some diversity.  Congee has also been good, my dad bought me some fish one and egg one.  Those are probably good for nutrition, since it's rice-based.  Plus, they probably have some nutrients that I've been missing...haven't really had any vegetables for a while, or like dairy stuff.  Pretty sure that's one of the good groups, there's dairy, fruits & vegetables, wheats and...meats.  Had to look those up just to make sure.  For the past few days, my diet has definitely been missing a lot of those...I'll probably end up losing weight.  That would have been a good measurement to check before the procedure, wish I had the foresight at the time.


Having the pills and mouthwash isn't fun at all though.  The penicillin is pretty bad, I'm not allowed to eat an hour before or after taking the pill, and I've been avoiding having more than 2 pills every 3 or so hours, just to avoid doubling up.  It probably isn't a huge deal because it takes time for that specific drug to kick in, as in a day, but still.  I counted recently, there's 16 pills left so at least that's only...4 more days.


Next is the mouthwash, that also isn't fun, but at least it's quicker.  I'm not allowed to eat or drink half an hour afterwards, but it goes by pretty quick.  The taste of it isn't great....it is mouthwash, but it could be worse.  It's weird, when it's in your mouth you can sort of feel the chemistry happening when it comes in contact with the wound.  It doesn't hurt or anything, but it feels like the tissue expands a little bit.


In the meantime, I've spent a lot of time on the computer and just being bored.  I don't really want to go out because I don't want to miss any pills, but being home isn't too great earlier.  Now that it's the weekend, mom and dad are home more so it would just make the time pass more slowly.


I set up the website though, which is nice and I'm really happy that at the very least, I own it.  The blog space is nice, but I'm pretty sure there's a more efficient way of doing this rather than making a new page for every entry I want to do.  But I haven't played around on it too much, I do have a year to do so.  More importantly, I set up an email address from the website, which has my name on it and is totally cool.  Again, haven't set that up exactly as I would like to have it now, but there's still time.  I have at least a year.  


And that about sums up my past few days.  There hasn't been much going on, but it's not like I'm able to do much stuff anyways.  Hopefully in the next little bit I can go back to a regular life.  You know, outside.




Aaron Wong

Simon Fraser University

Beedie School of Business 


Print | Sitemap
© Aaron Wong